Saturday, March 29, 2008

bone yard






Today I spent the whole day with my Dad - since Mila was out riding and Mom had to learn over her books at the library. We went to the museum of natural history. The massive skeletons, or fossils, didn't initially make a big impression on me. Then, after we had the opportunity to work with all the interactive media that the museum had set up around the exhibits, I gained a little perspective!
I was especially amazed by the allosaurus. He actually growled at us in an attempt to keep us at distance as he chomped on a thigh behind a palm tree !!!!!!

In another room we saw a massive ball made out of a map. Dad called it the Earth and said glibly that it's basically where we live. I think he needs to stop staying out so late!!
Yeah, and then there were all the other kids trying to get at all the other multimedia stuff. After a while I thought it might be better to get something to eat ...

No comments: