Schöneiche is a little town near Berlin which translates to 'beautiful oak'. And a beautiful place it is! Good friends of ours live there and Mom and me visited them and stayed over night. Our friends Marita and Harald are both teachers and Mom met Marita about 6 years ago when she had to do a practical training in a school in Berlin-Kreuzberg, teaching German (literature). They got on like a house on fire (Mom claims that Marita is her role model and she wants to be as good as a teacher...) and for years we would visit Maritas class for their 'before-holidays-breakfast' which I joined too when I was smaller and didn't have to go to school myself.
At least once the year we visit them in their (and our ;D) dream house in Schöneiche and stay over night. That gives us enough time for relaxed hours spent sitting in the garden for meals and for taking little day trips. We left Emil with Daddy, so that Mom could talk as much as she wanted with Marita and Harald. (Emil and Daddy went out for dinner with MY friend Charline and her Mom and aunt Berit and Karl - they seemed to have had a good time without us!) When Mom talks with Marita about stuff concerning teaching and school matters, I often play Boule with Harald in the garden and I'm not sure if I'm really that good at it or if he lets me win, hehe.
On one of our little trips there we took a walk at a lake and with a lot of persuasion I made everybody get on a pedal boat. In the end it was a lot of fun and I ended up with sore legs. In the pic we are just about to start and everybody is laughing, but by that time they weren't convinced that it was going to be fun yet...
In one of the pics Mom looks really grumpy, but all she lacks is her glasses. She really should start wearing them because otherwise she will scare the children in her new class!
And as you can see, I got rid of my cast pretty quick (the doctor called it a small miracle) and I'm already doing artistic exercises again, even though I'm supposed to take it easy - something which is VERY hard for me, if not impossible!
No comments:
Post a Comment